To be considered for acceptance as a therapy team, the following requirements must be met:
- Must be at least Twenty-one years of age
- Handlers with Dogs: Verification that your dog has successfully completed at least three consecutive levels of group training classes (not including Puppy class). The highest level must have been completed with the prospective handler. The handler and dog must successfully complete the Kind Hearts Behavior Center’s Therapy Partners Prep Class.
- Must submit the following:
- Signed and completed Volunteer Application form
- $45.00 application fee (refundable if application is denied)
- Successful completion of Kind Hearts Behavior Center’s Therapy Partners Prep Class
- Successful completion of Therapy Partners & Pet Partners Training & Certification requirements
- An altered animal at least two years of age
- Been in handler’s home for a minimum of twelve months
- Certified by Therapy Partners, Inc. & Registered by Pet Partners, Inc.
- Must reside continuously with handler
For more information on any of the above, please contact us or call us at 256-881-5700.